Tuesday, February 7, 2012

a Green Pet

Every day I try to think of ways to “green” our home for the small two-legged people in our house. But what about our little four-legged family member? Our six-year-old Beagle mix is my toddler’s proclaimed “best friend”

He spends a lot of time at the living room window “socializing” with the neighbors. I wanted a safe way to clean the smudges so I mixed up a homemade cleaner;

1 cup white vinegar

1 cup water

4 drops of essential oil (I used a blend)

Pour into a spray bottle, give a little shake and it’s good to go!

For our rugs I sprinkle a little baking soda and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes before vacuuming. I think it does a great job of absorbing tough pet odors. As for stinky dog bedding, I’m really looking forward to trying Rockin Green Dog House Rock detergent. http://rockingreensoap.3dcartstores.com/Dog-House-Rock--Pet-Bedding-and-Toy-Detergent_p_92.html I use Rockin Green Hard Rock when washing my cloth diapers and have had great results.

What are your favorite green pet tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment