Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DIY Baby Leggings

Baby leggings are great to keep your Little One warm but at around $12 a pair, they are so expensive. I've been using them almost every day. I pull them down around Ryann's foot to keep her ankles warm where her pants gap and to keep those slippery little socks on. I purchased a pair of women's knee-high socks for $1.50 and got started.




Step 1: Make three cuts on each sock. One right above the heel, one right below the heel and one above the toe. Throw away the heel and toe parts.




Step 2: Take your smaller section (that was the body of the foot) and fold it around itself so the cut edges are lined up together and the pattern is on the outside.




Step 3: Place your folded tube around the bottom of the knee-high and line up all three cut edges. Fold it inside itself leaving a 1" cuff and pin together.



Step 4: Hand sew (backstitch) around. One I finished sewing, I trimmed around the inside.



Step 5: Try them on baby!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know this would be so super easy! Can't wait to try. Thanks! : )

    ReplyDelete